LASNNY has made a bold move—one that will change the perception of the Legal Aid Society and its presence and ability to serve the community. To accommodate the growing demand for urgently needed legal services, LASNNY completed the first wave of its move into a larger facility in Albany. The Center is more accessible to clients, and closer to many community partners and client resources.
While this location has significantly more space, its storefront visibility on a main thoroughfare of the Capital Region also allows for much more. Most importantly, with the completion of the Center, LASNNY will be more effective in how it provides the urgently needed, stabilizing legal services so crucial to helping people to move out of poverty.
The Center for Civil Legal Services is a three-story, 21,000 square-foot building, erected in the early 1900s, and later redesigned. With our modest renovation, it will house 47 offices, several small consult rooms, a large conference room for 75 people with remote meeting technology to be phased in, a pro bono volunteer space called The Beehive with amenities, and an expansive walkout basement.
Capital Campaign Contributions
- Empire State Development, Capital Region Economic Development Council Award
$100,000 to $299,999
- Honorable Patricia A. Fahy
- Honorable John T. McDonald, III
- Honorable Phil Steck
- Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York
$50,000 to $99,999
- E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, LLP
- Martin, Harding & Mazzotti, LLP
- Carl E. Touhey Foundation
$20,000 to $49,999
- Jeffrey & Martha Baker
- Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC
- GE Foundation Matching Gifts
- Girvin & Ferlazzo, P.C.
- James E. Hacker
- E. Stewart Jones, Jr. & Kimberly Sanger Jones
- O’Connell & Aronowitz, Attorneys at Law
- Whiteman Osterman & Hanna, LLP
$10,000 to $19,999
- Carrow Real Estate Services
- Peter V. Coffey
- Sherry M. Gold
- Carol A. Hyde & Sanjay Correa
- Edward & Kim Kaplan
- Thomas J. O’Connor
- Dale M. Thuillez
- F. Michael Tucker, Esq.
- G. Kimball Williams & Margaret J. Gillis
$1,000 to $9,999
- Matthew P. Barry
- Connie Cahill
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- CDWBA Legal Project, Inc.
- Beth & Marshall Coulter
- Sanjeeve & Amy DeSoyza
- Deanne L. Grimaldi
- Peter Halewood & Donna Young
- Leonard Hermann
- Ronald J. Kim
- Amelia M. Klein
- Anne M. Malak, Esq.
- Norma G. Meacham
- Tara Moffet
- Lillian M. Moy
- Cornelius D. Murray
- William S. Nolan
- Patricia L.R. Rodriguez & Robert Colborn
- Schenectady County Bar Association
- Bethany Schumann-McGhee, Esq.
- Spada Law Firm
- Leslie K.L. Thiele & Ken Larsen
Listing is of all those making commitments of $1,000 or more through May 2019 • Jenifer M. Wharton