- This event has passed.
Emergency Rental Assistance Program
July 26 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York will be at the Albany Public Library to help with Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) applications for renters in Albany County who have fallen behind on rent due directly or indirectly to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
A LASNNY advocate will be available to help with applications at the following dates and locations:
- Monday, July 26 from 10am-1pm at the Delaware Branch – 331 Delaware Ave., Albany, NY 12209
- Tuesday, July 27 from 10am-1pm at the Washington Avenue Branch – 161 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12210
- Wednesday, July 28 from 10am-1pm at the Bach Branch – 455 New Scotland Ave., Albany, NY 12208
If you can’t make the above dates or times, please call the LASNNY Legal Line at 833-628-0087 to make an appointment.
The New York State Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) makes available funds to assist households that are unable to pay rent, Rental Arrears, and utility arrears incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic from March 13, 2020 to present.
You may be eligible to receive up to 12 months of assistance paid directly to your landlord. You may qualify for assistance with your utility arrears if you also owe back rent.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Must be an Albany County renter who has fallen behind on rent at your current residence from March 13, 2020 to present
- Must have a household member who has received unemployment benefits OR experienced a reduction in income, incurred significant costs or experienced financial hardship, directly or indirectly, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must be at risk of homelessness or housing instability
- Total household income must be at or below 80% Area Median Income
- WHAT DOCUMENTS WILL YOU NEED?
Identification for all household members (e.g. driver’s license, birth certificate, photo ID)
Social Security numbers for all members of household who have one
Proof of income (either calendar year 2020 tax filings, or current monthly income shown by paystubs from the prior month)
Proof of rental amount and occupancy (e.g. signed lease, rent receipt)
A copy of gas or electric utility bill (if applying for utility arrears)
More information about ERAP and how to apply can be found at www.LASNNY.org/ERAP
ERAP applications can be accessed at www.OTDA.ny.gov/ERAP
For help with an urgent civil legal matter, please call our Line for an intake weekdays between 9am & 5pm: 833-628-0087