FREE Virtual CLE: Landlord/Tenant Law During COVID-19: Attorney for the Day
October 27 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Registration Link: bit.ly/LASNNYcle102721
- New York State Landlord/Tenant Law
- Sources of Law: CARES Act, Executive Orders, and Administrative Orders
- Defenses to Evictions, Including COVID-19 Specific Defenses
- Limited Representation Ethics Rules
- ERAP (Emergency Rental Assistance Program)
- Views from the Bench
- A Practical View: Attorney for the Day Program
- Hon. Ricja Rice
- Robert Romaker, Esq.
- Jilliane Faison, Esq.
- Jasmine Greenfield, Esq.
- Vera Johnson, Esq..
Location: Zoom online webinar – a link will be sent via email after registration
Program: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 from 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- 2.5 hours of Skills
- 1.0 hours of Professional Practice
- 0.5 hours of Ethics
THIS IS A FREE TRAINING FOR:
- Attorneys who are admitted to practice in New York State and who commit to providing EITHER participating in the Attorney for the Day program on three (3) dates in either Albany, Troy, or Glens Falls City Courts OR commit to providing pro bono assistance to low-income LASNNY clients for two (2) extended representation cases.
- Law Students
- Court Personnel
- Legal services attorneys
- Public interest attorneys
- LASNNY PAI (Pro Bono) Volunteers
If you have questions about this CLE, including financial assistance, or about LASNNY’s Private Attorney Involvement Program please contact Mallory Gibson, PAI Director, at 518-533-5932 or [email protected]. This course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
To learn more about volunteering with the LASNNY PAI Program, please visit https://www.lasnny.org/volunteer/private-attorney-involvement-program/